A select group of leading companies have cracked the code for winning in a world defined by digital engagement, embedded artificial intelligence, and low-emissions products, processes, and supply chains. They have mastered the ability to realise business value from their digital and data investments, avoiding the trap of lengthy IT projects with large cost overruns.
BCG’s latest research provides a compelling and pragmatic blueprint for how CEOs can propel their companies to the front of the pack by accelerating and de-risking their change agendas to rank among the winners.
Six specific attributes are endemic to companies that are built for the future and enable them to move into new high-growth markets that are beyond the reach of less-capable players:
1. Leadership that is aligned around a corporate purpose that integrates sustainability and social impact goals, building trust and transparency among stakeholders
2. A clear people advantage to attract, retain, and develop world-class talent
3. An operating model that enables agility and resilience to combat exogenous risks
4. An innovation-driven culture
5. A decoupled data platform and flexible, scalable technology platforms and applications to facilitate data access and to support business needs easily and flexibly
6. Fully embedded AI that can create value for the organisation.
Find out more from BCG’s article.